Thursday, August 12, 2010

Today...

I'm working on some new schedules for life!
I told my mom the other day
that I need to take a whole month off
to re-organize my life.
Well, not really, but that's what it feels like.

Nursing a baby is practically equivalent
to a full-time job... time-wise, that is.
But now that we're approaching
3-months old, I'm anticipating feedings
not taking quite so long?
(Yes, that's a hopeful statement in question!)
The thing is, a baby's schedule
changes every week or so.
My schedule is going to have to be flexible,
but I definitely need something
to help me know where I'm going in a day..
Do you know what I mean?

In addition, my kids need a schedule
for their day as well
to see where they are going
throughout the day
and to make sure we stay on task
to get done what needs to be done.
Since I can't be as involved minute-by-minute
right now, it's important that they have
a schedule that tells them what is expected
and to give them some basic
time management skills.
This will be good for them in the long run
on becoming more responsible in their time.

I don't want to wait until
I'm absolutely desperate before
I put an action plan into place.
So I'm starting now and will
hopefully get these schedules done...
right now I'm having a problem with Excel
not doing what I want it to do.
Fortunately, I have a techy husband
who will be able to help me later. =)

Do you have any tips on organizing
that you can share with me?
I'm open to suggestions! =)
Blogger Templates

3 comments:

scrambledhenfruit

I'm not a good one to give advice on this! I don't have toddlers at home any more, and I'm no more organized now than I was then. I will say that making lists works well for me, as long as I can keep up with my list!

tandemingtroll

I label everything. Literally. I think randomly, so I need those labels to help me remember where to put things. My kitchen cabinets are labeled, and all shelves are labelled. I also do not let catalogs in the house unless I KNOW I will be buying from them. They go from mailbox to recycling canister before they can clutter up my home.

Unknown

Thanks for your tips, ladies! Lists and labeling... I will keep those in mind. Love the throw magazines away idea... the Sunday and Wednesday papers end up in a pile... I just need to remember to pull the coupons and ads out of them and throw the rest away PROMPTLY <----- key word! =)

Post a Comment