Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Banana Coconut Bran Muffins

I had some overly, and I mean
OVERLY,
ripe bananas sitting in my fruit dish yesterday.
They were either going to get thrown away
or they were going to be used for baking.
Now, I haven't been the most ambitious person lately,
but I didn't want to waste those bananas
(although now that I'm writing this, I realize I could've just put them in the freezer).
I threw these together and they were yum, yum, yummy!
Thought I would share them with you.

Banana Coconut Bran Muffins
Makes approximately 2 dozen muffins

Recipe notes from Adriel: I used cooking oil in this recipe, but if I had had plain yogurt, I probably would've used that instead. Also, I made part of my batch without the chocolate chips and part with. Both are good and depending on my mood, I like it either way. Obviously, the chocolate chips make this more "dessert-y", but that's okay once in awhile! This would be good with nuts in it, too, but I didn't add them today. Maybe another time. Enjoy! =)

3 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup applesauce
1/2 cup cooking oil
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 eggs
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/3 cup wheat bran
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 cup flaked coconut
1-1/2 cups chocolate chips *optional*

1. Preheat oven to 350.

2. Mix the wet ingredients together in a bowl until well combined. Mix in the brown sugar.

3. In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients (except for chocolate chips). Add wet mixture to dry mixture and stir together until combined. Mix in chocolate chips or any other additional mix-ins and stir to combine.

4. Spoon or pour batter into greased or lined muffin pans. Bake at 350 for 25 minutes, or until golden brown.

What I liked about these is that they were good WITHOUT butter on them!
That's a big deal for me, because I almost
never, hardly ever, can eat muffins without butter.
This makes them healthier for me
(and for anyone else who has the same problem keen sense of taste). ;-)
In addition, my daughter liked them a lot, too!
Kid-friendly!! Woohoo!!

Have a great day! =)

Blogger Templates
Linked up with:
&

1 comments:

Brianna!

YUM
LOVELOVELOVE
banana and coconut combinations
delicious
going in the RECIPE FILE FOR SURE
xoxo
bB

Post a Comment