First of all, I did extremely well in spite of some hiccups.
I ended up spending a total of: $38.45 OOP
I received back $40 in Register Rewards from Walgreen's.
I think that's pretty awesome! =)
Here's some things I found out today that are mentionable:
1. The BOGO Suave Body Wash coupon that a whole bunch of matchup lists said would be in the 5/22 Red Plum Unilever insert... NOT in mine. It's possible that this is a coupon in other states, but I had 4 copies of the paper and I went through that insert 5-6 times (trust me, I was desperate to find it) and it wasn't in there. Anyhoo, if you happen to live in AZ and actually found it, would you please let me know where exactly? I would love to know if I'm blind for real! =P
2. The $2 off any Revlon Color Cosmetic coupon DID NOT work on the nail polish at CVS. So, I politely (and calmly) asked the cashier to take those off of my order... I hope my embarrassment wasn't too noticeable. ;-) It's possible this might work at a different location, but I thought I should let you know about my experience.
3. I had $3 off of Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation that I got HERE and I had 2 of these coupons. At my CVS, these were 75% and so when they rang up, they OWED ME $1.50ish! I used this overage and another coupon to buy some Cover Girl eye shadow. Anyways, with this coupon, it seems like you can get a pretty good deal on this makeup. I am getting close to empty on the stuff I'm using right now, so this was great for me!
4. I have read Arizona Walgreen's coupon policy, but it didn't mention how many transactions a customer is limited to. That said, when I went to checkout today and told the cashier I would have 4 separate transactions and that I would be happy to get back in line for each one, she informed me that she is only supposed to do 2 transactions. She was very nice and it wasn't a heated discussion or anything. She did say she would go ahead (even though I told her it was okay not to). At the end, I did ask her about that and she said they're not supposed to, but it depends on how busy they are and what time of the day it is and if you let them know you have more than 2, it's okay. Okay, I thought I did that when I checked out... hmm? That's not very clear, but I think I will keep it to 2 transactions next time.
5. The Complete Contact Solution deal and the Scunci Hair Elastics are an awesome deal at Walgreen's this week. They end up being FREE with rewards you get back, but make sure you go back and spend your rewards on another great deal during the week or next week (before the reward expires) or the contact solution and hair bands don't end up being free.
6. Even though I've done hardly any shopping at CVS, I scanned my CVS card at the kiosk in the store and a coupon for a free bag tag printed up, so definitely take the extra couple of minutes to scan your card... you might get something good!
7. Finally, here's the matchup lists I used for my shopping this week. Both of them are from The Coupon Counselor. <---- thank you! =)
CVS coupon matchups and deals
Walgreens coupon matchups and deals
So those are my shopping notes from my drugstore shopping today! How did you do?
linked up with Living Well Spending Less