Thursday, August 26, 2010

Clouds in the Sky


Right now I am sitting at my kitchen table
looking outside and noting the cloudiness.
The kids were planning on swimming today,
but it doesn't look like that's going to happen.
Clouds during the summer here usually mean
T H U N D E R S T O R M S
(and I have heard some thunder).
Not too smart to swim in.

They have done a great job with school today.
Too bad I can't reward them with swimming.
They worked so hard to get done in time to go.
Sometimes life doesn't always go as we planned.
They're having really good attitudes about not going
and it is encouraging to see them honoring God
and pleasing Him even in the middle of disappointment.

My husband and I got some news today that didn't seem so great,
but I listened to my husband respond in a calm, controlled manner.
I saw him glance at the clouds and turn his gaze back to the Son,
and he spoke words of faith that I wasn't expecting to hear.

As a family, I see the Lord gaining ground in each of our hearts
one step at a time, little by little.

Thank you, Father.
Blogger Templates

0 comments:

Post a Comment