Friday, March 18, 2011

Homeschool Musings

My two oldest and I have been busy
with our 50 states unit study for several months now.
I don't know if this is a problem or not
(at least not yet),
but it is feeling a bit dry.
I can't think of another word to describe the feeling.
And the thought of enduring many, many more months
of this dryness is a little concerning to me.

I want to give my kids the best
home educated experience that I can,
and somehow I feel like I'm missing the mark with this study.
But then on the other hand, the thought
of abandoning the study when we've come so far
(about 1/3 of the way)
is hard for me to justify,
especially when I want to teach my kids
good character qualities like
persevering and not giving up!

What to do?

While we leave me, myself, and I to ponder that question,
here is a great link that I found today:
And no, this did not help me at all with
being content with what I teaching at the moment.
Look at all these topics and such creative ways of teaching!
I'm drooling... in a way that only a teacher can.
(Teachers out there, you know what I'm talking about).

Sitting here, contemplating the matter at hand,

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment